Manager's Guide to Business WritingBook - 2011 | 2nd ed.
Write every business correspondence with speed, precision, and power
The number one prerequisite for effective management is effective communication--and writing is a critical part of it. Simply put, whether it's a quick e-mail or a 20-page report, your writing is a reflection of you--and people will make judgments accordingly.
Manager's Guide to Business Writing , Second Edition, provides everything you need to give colleagues, customers, and other stakeholders the most information accurately and quickly. Learn how to express yourself as a serious professional by writing everything with clarity, quality, and decisiveness.
Manager's Guide to Business Writing teaches you how to:Know your audience and your purpose before you start writing Engage readers' curiosity from the first sentence Compose instructions that are easy to understand and follow Write effectively on social media platforms and blogs Master the foundations of effective writing--grammar, sentence structure, spelling, and style
Briefcase Books , written specifically for today's busy manager, feature eye-catching icons, checklists, and sidebars to guide managers step-by-step through everyday workplace situations. Look for these innovative features to help you navigate each page:
- Clear definitions of key terms and concepts
- Tactics and strategies for applying writing skills to management issues
- Tricks of the trade for crafting clear and effective documents
- Examples of successful business writing
- Cautions for when things can go wrong in composing memos, e-mails, and reports
- Practical advice for avoiding common errors
- Specific procedures for planning and executing your writing on the job